Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Back in 'Black'! An eBook is Born

So I got to do a very large story in the New York Times on the band Black 47, whose odd mix of Irish traditional and New York punk and hip-hop created a very unique sound for 25 years.
It was the lead story in the Sunday "Metropolitan" section in November, but I had so much damn reportage that I felt there was another story to do.
So I spent my Christmas break doing new interviews, widening the scope of sources, and writing the damn thing.
The end result is an ebook--not quite a book, but more than an article. It is a 99-cent download on Amazon.
For a brief, shining moment yesterday, "Sleept Tight in New York City" was the "#1 Best Seller in 30-Minute Arts & Photography Short Reads."
Hey--that's something!

No comments:

Post a Comment